I made my Baked Spaghetti recipe on Instagram the other day. My followers went NUTS! Everyday since, I’ve been receiving messages requesting that I share it. Of course, I have to give my brats what they want! Here’s my Baked Spaghetti!
My Meat Sauce is the star of this recipe! I worked really hard at creating it. It blends so well with the other components of this dish. And the best part, it only takes 30 mins to develop the flavor!
I don’t eat pork. So, I use turkey Italian sausage. Can’t tell the difference! Cream cheese AND sour cream in SPAGHETTI?!? Absolutely! Give it a chance. It makes the spaghetti EXTRA creamy. And don’t worry. You won’t taste it at all.
I don’t believe in dry spaghetti. Therefore, I made sure that we’ll have enough sauce to covered the noodles adequately. Since, this is a casserole, sometimes the pasta can dry out during the baking process. Not with this recipe!
Don’t forget to top it with the fresh basil!
Look how creamy this dish is! An easy and delicious weeknight meal. Add a salad and some buttery garlic bread and dinner is served!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 cup Merlot
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb thin spaghetti (cooked)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- Add in the beef and Italian sausage.
- Brown and drain off fat
- Add the onion and bell pepper
- Sauté for 4-5 mins
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 secs.
- Pour in the wine and stir for 30 secs
- Add the remaining ingredients listed for the sauce and stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to cook for 30 mins uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning and basil together until we’ll combined.
- Add the cooked and drained spaghetti to the mixture and stir until spaghetti is coated.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, ladle 1/2 cup of the sauce onto the bottom and spread it evenly.
- Add the spaghetti pasta on top.
- Cover the spaghetti evenly with the cheddar cheese.
- Pour over the rest of the sauce.
- Sparkle the Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add more fresh basil (optional)
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 min.
- Allow 5-10 mins to cool before serving.