I made my Baked Spaghetti recipe on Instagram the other day. My followers went NUTS! Everyday since, I’ve been receiving messages requesting that I share it. Of course, I have to give my brats what they want! Here’s my Baked Spaghetti!
My Meat Sauce is the star of this recipe! I worked really hard at creating it. It blends so well with the other components of this dish. And the best part, it only takes 30 mins to develop the flavor!
I don’t eat pork. So, I use turkey Italian sausage. Can’t tell the difference! Cream cheese AND sour cream in SPAGHETTI?!? Absolutely! Give it a chance. It makes the spaghetti EXTRA creamy. And don’t worry. You won’t taste it at all.
I don’t believe in dry spaghetti. Therefore, I made sure that we’ll have enough sauce to covered the noodles adequately. Since, this is a casserole, sometimes the pasta can dry out during the baking process. Not with this recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 cup Merlot
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb thin spaghetti (cooked)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot
- Add in the beef and Italian sausage.
- Brown and drain off fat
- Add the onion and bell pepper
- Sauté for 4-5 mins
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 secs.
- Pour in the wine and stir for 30 secs
- Add the remaining ingredients listed for the sauce and stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to cook for 30 mins uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning and basil together until we’ll combined.
- Add the cooked and drained spaghetti to the mixture and stir until spaghetti is coated.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, ladle 1/2 cup of the sauce onto the bottom and spread it evenly.
- Add the spaghetti pasta on top.
- Cover the spaghetti evenly with the cheddar cheese.
- Pour over the rest of the sauce.
- Sparkle the Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add more fresh basil (optional)
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 min.
- Allow 5-10 mins to cool before serving.