I had no intentions of cooking on Tuesday. None! Cookies, I’m telling you I was gonna take the day off, Honey! But, my family had other plans in mind. There were pork chops thawing in kitchen. And guess who was expected to cook them!! No rest for poor, B. Coop! You know I love it though. I don’t even eat pork chops. But, this gravy was heavenly. Thick, savory, and comforting. The ideal “Hungry Man Meal”! I served it with rice and green beans. But, creamy, mashed potatoes would be ah-may-zing with this gravy!! I was too tired to make biscuits, but you should! Do as I say, not as I do. haha!
Smothered Pork Chops and Gravy
Write a review
- 4 pork chops
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Garlic & onion powder (2 tablespoon of each)
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- Dried parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 1 beef flavored bouillon cube
- Season to taste
- Season pork chops with all spices
- Season flour with onion & garlic powders
- Coat chops in flour
- Let them rest for 20 mins
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet
- Sear each pork chop for 3-4 mins per side *
- Set aside.
- Add more oil.
- Whisk in the flour and stir until the roux darkens to a peanut butter color
- Add in the onions and sauté
- Whisk in the liquids and bouillon cubes
- Continue stirring until it starts to thicken**
- Once bouillon cubes have dissolved, taste and adjust seasoning
- Add the chops back in
- Turn on low and allow to simmer for 20 mins or until chops are tender
- *Feel free to add more oil if you need to.
- **Add more water if gravy is too thick
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/
Mrs. GMay 19, 2016 at 9:43 am
OMGosh!!!!! You are awesome with your recipes ???
B. CoopMay 19, 2016 at 1:20 pm
Thanks so much!!