My beginner Cookies checked me so smoothly! I received a slew of emails for easy recipes. Have I been getting carried away? My apologies, babies. We’ll go back to the basics for a bit. Let’s start with easy. breezy baked chicken!
Dry chicken is a sin and a shame. We must avoid that foolishness at all costs! That’s why we sneak butter under the skin. That’ll keep the ash at bay.
What other “simple” meals would you like to see? Let me know in the comments!
- 4-8 bone in chicken pieces
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 T or to taste seasoning salt or cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 large orange (sliced)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Season chicken with all spices
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray
- Add onions and celery to the dish
- Lay chicken on top
- Place thin slice of butter under the skin of each chicken piece
- Top with orange slices
- Lay thyme sprigs on top
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 mins
- Uncover and flip chicken over
- Cover again and continue to bake for 45 mins to until cooked through and tender