Cookies, our month of slow cooking is coming to a close. Don’t frown! We’ll still break out the crock pot more than we did last year! But, we’re closing with a bang. Easy, bbq meatballs! Down here, everyone refers to them as “Swedish meatballs”. This has annoyed me forever! Swedish meatballs are a totally different animal. Well, recipe. See…
Easy, right? Told ya! And you can half, double, or triple this recipe to meet your needs. I’ll share my BBQ recipe with you at a later date. For now, use your favorite store bought bottle.
I HATE using the precooked meatballs in the bag. I have trust issues, so I season, roll, and cook my own. But, hey, if you’re in to that bag, buy the bag! Sometime about that texture I just don’t enjoy.
Thanks for hanging with me this month! I appreciate all of the slow cooking recipe requests. Keep em coming!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 T cajun seasoning
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Accent seasoning
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 3 T water
- 12 oz Grape jelly
- 12 oz BBQ sauce
- 1/2 sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 sliced onion
- cooked meatballs (about 50)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Season meat and roll into small balls
- Place in baking pan and bake 15-20 mins or until completely cooked
- Drain grease and set meatballs aside
- Mix jelly and BBQ together in the slow cooker
- Add in meatballs, peppers, and onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hrs or on HIGH 3-4 hrs