If you’ve ever attended any event in the South, you’ve had this dish. Birthday parties, family reunions, bbqs, heck even at some weddings, you’re bound to see a pan of dirty rice included in the spread. It’s just apart of our menu. And for good reason! It goes with pretty much anything! Potato salad and fried fish are my favorites to pair with dirty rice. What’s yours? Tell me in the comment section…after you watch this.
I’m off pork, but feel free to add some of that if you’d like. Use chicken gizzards if liver isn’t your thing. It’ll lend a milder flavor. Happy Cooking!
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 oz chicken livers
- 4 cups of rice
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- Onion and garlic powders
- Cajun spices
- Cook rice in beef broth (I use a rice cooker)
- Chop veggies finely or use a food processor
- Season chicken livers with onion and garlic powder
- Bake livers for 20-25 mins on 375 degree F
- When done, use food processor to grind them finely.
- Season and brown beef
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and chopped veggies
- Cook for 5-7 mins.
- Add liver and cooked rice
- Stir well to combine
- Season to taste with cajun/creole seasoning
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/