Put the phone down, boo! *cues Erykah Badu* “I can make you put ya phone down!” No, I’m serious. No need for takeout anymore! This Beef and Broccoli recipe is alllll you’ll need from here on out, Cookies! Trust me.
Baaaaby, this sauce tho!! LIFE! And this meal would be perfect for meal prepping. It tastes even better the next day! Free feel to add rice. I didn’t need it.
Beef and Broccoli
Write a review
- 1 lb thinly sliced steak
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T water
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 T sesame or canola oil
- Season steak with onion powder
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, hoisin, brown sugar, juice, and water together.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger
- Pour half of this mixture on the steak and toss to combine. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- All steak to marinate at room temp for 20-30 mins
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Add in the broccoli and allow to cook for 4-5 mins
- Drain and set aside
- Heat a skillet or wok on medium high heat
- Pour in oil
- Once oil is hot, add the steak, and cook until it develops color.
- Add in the broccoli and remaining sauce
- Stir fry until tender; about 5 mins
- Serve alone or over rice.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/