I wasn’t planning to share a recipe today. But, when I cook I ALWAYS have you guys in mind! And if i’m cooking something that’s not on here yet, I whip out my camera! I try to give you allllll the goods, ya know? Ya welcome.
Southern comfort at it’s finest! I only used boneless, skinless chicken because that’s all I had. Told ya this was impromptu. Feel free to use the skin and bones as well.
Oh! I have a GIVEAWAY going on! Watch this and ENTER to WIN!
Just a little token of love from me to my Cookies! I appreciate each of you!
Smothered Chicken & Homemade Gravy
Write a review
- 4 chicken thighs (or parts of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 T cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T chopped italian parsley
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (sliced)
- Season chicken with spices
- Toss it in 1/3 of the flour
- Heat oil in a pan and brown chicken on each side (about 4 mins per side)
- Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add in veggies and saute until tender and brown
- Add in the butter and allow it to melt
- Stir in the remaining flour for about 2 mins or until it starts to brown
- Whisk in the broth and milk
- Stir until it starts to thicken
- Return the chicken back into the pan
- Cover and cook for 20-25 mins or until chicken is done
- Serve over rice or potatoes
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/
SamMarch 22, 2017 at 4:21 pm
i think you are an amazing cook keep up the good work or should I say the good cooking
B. CoopMarch 22, 2017 at 7:32 pm