Okay, a few of my seasoned cookies wanted an etouffee recipe using a roux. I gotcha babe! I even gave my visual learners a recipe video! AND an amazing baked Catfish recipe too! All in one! See, I told y’all I love ya!! Check it out!
Crawfish Etouffee over Baked Cajun Catfish
Write a review
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of flour (all purpose)
- Trinity (1/2 green 1/2 red bell peppers, 1 yellow onion, 1 celery stalk) finely chopped
- 1-2lbs of frozen crawfish tails (thawed) reserve fat
- 2 cups of water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon of Liquid crab boil
- Cajun spices (I used Tony's)
- Green onions
- 4 Catfish filets
- 2 tablespoons Tony's
- 1 tablespoon each of Onion powder, Accent, Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash, and Parsley Flakes
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Heat oil
- Whisk in flour slowly
- Add spices
- Continue whisking on medium heat until roux is a peanut butter color
- Add veggies
- Saute until translucent; 5-7 mins
- Pour in crawfish fat, crab boil, and water
- Bring to a simmer
- Add the remaining water and bouillon cubes
- Simmer for 20 mins
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Add crawfish tails
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Dry fish with paper towels
- Rub with seasoning
- Pour on lemon juice and butter
- Top with lemons
- Bake for 20 mins.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/
Mrs. GMay 25, 2016 at 10:28 pm
Miss Coop this dish is a must have; yes I will try this to. You’re the CHEF ,i would to come to your Restaurant all the TIME ????
B. CoopMay 26, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Thank you, Ma’am! I have to make this fish for you. You’ll love it!