Your girl was NOT planning to post anything today! But, you know how I get when I’m bored. And I couldn’t let that extra Bourbon sauce from the bread pudding go to waste! So, what did I do? I made the easiest and most moist Vanilla Bundt cake! Then I literally drowned that baby in Bourbon sauce.
Wondering why I’m calling this the “Nap Cake”? Make this and see. Let me know what you think whenever you wake up.
I posted it on social media and you guys demanded the recipe. Like the nerve of me to post something and not include the recipe! Forgive me, Cookies. I got my mind right quickly! Enjoy!!
The Nap Cake
Write a review
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bourbon or more it's you're boozy
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar and cornstarch together well
- Next, melt the butter in a saucepan then add in the sugar and cornstarch mixture
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients
- Bring to a boil for 1 min then turn of the heat
- Continue to stir
- Sauce will thicken as it cools
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a bundt pan well. I use Baker's Joy. (Makers of Baker's Joy, if you're reading this, RUN ME MY CHECK!)
- Okay, now, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add in the eggs and blend until creamy. Blend it for 2 mins straight. Foreal! Don't blend for 30 secs and quit cause I'll know!
- Now, alternate between adding in the flour/baking powder/salt mixture with the milk.Start with the dry mix and end with the dry mix. I know some of you are confused as hell at this point. Just ask me to break it down further in the comments.
- Pour in the extract and give it one last, good mix.
- Pour it all into the pan and bake for 30-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 10 mins.
- Then, using a pairing knife (Or butter knife. Don't make this complicated, okay?) make 8 small slits around the cake.
- Take 1/2 cup of the sauce and pour it over the cake
- Once all of the sauce is absorbed into the cake, take a plate, put it over the cake, pray to the Good Lord that it doesn't stick, and flip it. ( How many times am I gonna type the word "cake"?)
- Admire your work and thank God it didn't stick.
- Now, drizzle the remaining sauce over the cake, and prepare to take a good nap.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/
GJuly 15, 2017 at 9:33 pm
Cooking is fun