Longest title for a recipe ever! I win! But, listen, this might just be my favorite meal to prepare. This dish is very popular among restaurants in my area. And I pretty much always order it every time. The sauces vary. Different cheeses and seafood are used. Sometimes crawfish, some places shrimp, or either lump crabmeat. I’m down with it all!
My goal is to show my Cookies that restaurant quality meals can easily be made at home. I’ll show you how.
Easy, right? Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorites. However, I really want you to try it my way using the pepperjack cheese sauce. So delicious! Serve it over potatoes, pasta, or even asparagus. It’s the perfect date night dinner at home!
- 1 lb crawfish tails (drained of fat)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- Cajun seasoning to taste (onion and garlic powder can be used if needed)
- 4 red snapper filets (catfish is fine too)
- 2 T Cajun seasoning
- 1 T black pepper
- 2 T butter
- 1 T oil
- Melt butter
- Saute onion and bell pepper in butter until tender
- Add in garlic and saute for 30 secs
- Pour in cream and cream cheese
- Stir until smooth
- Season to taste
- Add in cheese
- Stir until melted
- Add the crawfish
- Adjust seasoning if needed
- Turn heat to low and keep warm while cooking the fish
- Pat fish dry using a paper towel
- Mix Cajun seasoning and black pepper together
- Sprinkle mixture on both sides of the fish
- Add oil and melt butter in a skillet on medium high heat
- Add in fish and cook on both sides (3-4 mins per side)
- Fish is cooked when it becomes flaky. Be careful not to overcook or burn. Adjust heat accordingly.
- Serve sauce over the fish.