Cookies, I want to first apologize for the calories I’m about to introduce into your diet. These potatoes are rich and sinful. Just eat a spoonful while running on the treadmill. You’ll be fine.
I make seafood potatoes about 3 different ways. I’ve never had them this way before. The idea came to me when I saw a box of au gratin potatoes at the grocery. That happened months ago. I kind of forgot about it. I wanted to cook for you this week, but I didn’t feel like going shopping. Y’all know…y’all know. But, by the grace of God, I had all of the ingredients I needed in the fridge!
These potatoes are not something you should make regularly if you wanna be bad and bougie. But, it’s definitely a treat.
Seafood Potatoes Au Gratin
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 lb crawfish tails (drained of fat)
- 1 lb of raw shrimp
- 1 diced onion
- 2 T minced garlic
- 4 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- 1 cup milk
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 2 T cajun seasoning
- 1 T liquid crab boil
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T Accent seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives or green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice potatoes thinly
- Boil potatoes for 5 mins in salted water
- Drain carefully to avoid breaking
- Set aside
- Melt butter
- Add onions and garlic; saute
- Whisk in flour and cajun seasoning
- Pour in milk
- Stir until sauce thickens
- Add in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until cheese melts
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed
- Toss crawfish and raw shrimp together with the liquid crab boil, onion powder, and Accent.
- In a casserole dish, pour and spread a small amount of the cheese sauce on the bottom
- Then add half of the potatoes
- Next, evenly distribute half of the seafood, half of the remaining cheeses, and half of the sauce.
- Repeat these layers once more ending with the cheese sauce. Reserve the remaining cheeses.
- Cover dish with aluminium foil and bake for 25-30 mins or until potatoes are tender
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle on the remaining cheese, and broil, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 15 mins
- Garnish with chives or green onions
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/
Melissa McConnellMay 17, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Oh my gosh, woman. This is soooooo sinful. It looks absolutely incredible. The most amazing review I’ve seen in a long time! Keep on keepin’ on!