You guys know i’m a lazy cook. I don’t really mind the cooking part per say. It’s the dang clean up part that vexes my spirit! Dishes give me anxiety. Don’t be fooled by the photos. I am the Paper Plate Gourmet. Before starting this blog, I forgot I even owned real dinnerware. Facts! Anyway, I said all of that nonsense to say, one pot meals are Coop’s faves! Here’s another one to add to the collection.
I remember attending my church’s banquet around 2006-2007. The caterers served baked chicken in an insanely delicious cream sauce. I never forgot it. And, I think I’ve made something pretty close to that flavor. On top of that, it’s easy, creamy, and quick! ISSA WIN!
This would be divine over some potatoes! But, I wanted to keep this as keto friendly as possible, so I just paired it with steamed veggies. What are you gonna serve it with?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced thinly)
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- fresh parsley
- Season chicken with all spices listed
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Cook chicken on both sides until cooked through completely. (approx. 3-4 mins per side; varies depending on thickness)
- Remove and set aside
- Melt the butter in the same skillet
- Add garlic and saute for 30 secs
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth
- Stir in the heavy cream
- Once sauce starts to thicken, add the cheese.
- When the cheese melts, return the chicken to the skillet
- Cook for 5 mins or until chicken is hot and completely cooked.
- Garnish with parsley