I believe that soaking white beans overnight, cooking them for an hour, draining them, then adding ingredients and cooking them for another 45 mins to an hour is too much. I just buy a can of beans and add some flava to them. Best baked beans ever!
Bacon is a blessing. I’ll admit, I’m not a fan of eating it. However, I would never deny the flavor it adds to food. I use the grease for that very reason in this recipe. Leave the bacon in if you love bacon. But, I remove it and add a different protein.
Use my measurements as a guide. My family loves sweet and sticky baked beans. If you prefer it more savory, cut back on the brown sugar and honey.
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1/3 cup onions (diced)
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (28 oz) cans baked beans
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 3 T brown sugar
- 8 oz honey
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, fry bacon.
- Remove bacon and leave the bacon grease (keep bacon in if you'd like)
- Add the onion and bell pepper; saute for 2 mins
- Add in the ground beef and brown
- Pour in the baked beans
- Add all remaining ingredients
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F*
- Pour beans into a greased baking dish
- Bake beans uncovered for 45 mins or until they are as thick as desired.
- *If you're using the Cosori Multi Cooker, bake at 300 degrees F and do not cover with the lid. Check often to prevent burning.