Louisiana Boiled Turkey Necks
- 4-5 lbs turkey necks
- 2 bell peppers roughly chopped
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 whole celery stalk chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup shrimp and crab boil dry seasoning
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon powder
- 1-2 TBS liquid crab boil concentrate omit for milder taste
- 6 cups water
- 2 lemons for washing
- 1-2 tsp accent seasoning yes, it’s MSG, so it’s *OPTIONAL. Don’t start crying to me about it. I don’t have time.
- **corn and potatoes
Rinse the turkey necks well with water and juice from the lemons
Cut off excess fat and discharge
In a large bowl, mix the dry seasoning, bouillon powder, liquid crab boil, water, and accent* well.
Place turkey necks and all veggies into a 7qt or larger slow cooker.
Pour the water and seasoning mixture on top.
Cover with the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Pour the water and seasoning mixture into a large stockpot.
Add in the veggies and bring to a boil for 10 mins.
Add in the turkey necks.
Reduce heat to a medium heat setting
Cover with a lid, but leave a slight crack.
Cook for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
You may need to add more water throughout the cooking time.
**corn and potatoes may be added during the last 2 hours of cooking time in the Crock-Pot. Check the corn every 30 minutes and remove when done to avoid overcooking. For the stovetop method, add the corn and potatoes into the boiling liquid after removing the turkey necks and cook until potatoes are tender.