Cheesesteak Stuffed Lasagna. I don’t think I need to say much today. Yup.
I used sirloin steak, because, well, it was on sale. Ribeye, Ny Strip, whatever floats your steak boat is fine. Just make sure it’s cold prior to slicing. Makes life so much easier. I pop it in the freezer for 30 mins.
Another tip. Buy regular lasagna sheets and throw them into a heat safe dish. Then, boil or heat some water until it’s super hot. Pour the hot water over the lasagna and allow them to sit there while you prepare the rest of this meal’s components. Then just drain the water off and proceed with the recipe. Perfect Al dente lasagna sheets ready for rolling without boiling. You’re welcome.
I’m not a fan of ricotta. My OG Cookies know this. So, I used cream cheese as my filler. Ricotta fan? Use it instead. Add an egg.
Yeah, I think that covers it for this one. It’s amazing. Believe me.
Cheesesteak Stuffed Lasagna
Write a review
- 1.5-2 lbs thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 4 T all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 provolone cheese slices plus 1 slice per roll
- 12 cooked lasagna sheets
- Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- torn basil leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Lightly season steak with salt and pepper
- Add steak in the skillet and cook for 1-2 mins; remove
- Add in onions and bell peppers
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the veggies
- Saute until tender
- Turn off the heat and add the steak back into the skillet; set aside
- Melt the butter in a separate saucepan
- Add in the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs.
- Whisk in the flour for 1 min
- Pour in the half and half
- Bring mixture to a simmer
- Add in the 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 3-4 slices of provolone cheese
- Add the onion powder and Creole seasoning to taste
- Once the sauce thickens, turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, Italian seasoning, 1 cup of the sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and all but 1/4 of the steak and veggie mix. Mix well.
- Spoon and spread the mixture onto each of the lasagna sheets evenly; roll them up
- In a 13x9 casserole dish, ladle a thin layer of the sauce across the bottom of the dish.
- Lay each lasagna roll into the dish seam side down.
- Cover the rolls with the remaining provolone cheese and sauce.
- Cover in aluminum foil and in a 375 degrees F preheated oven for 25 mins
- Remove the foil, top it with the remaining meat, veggies, and mozzarella cheese
- Place back into the oven, uncovered, and bake for 15 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins before serving.
- Garnish with basil.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/