I love getting recipe requests! This one’s for you, Sharon! My Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Alfredo pasta! Spicy and creamy. Just how I like it! Check out the video. You don’t want to miss the bloopers at the end. WARNING!! It includes horrific “singing”!
Lol Let me know if you try this!
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 pound sausage (your choice)
- 1 lb ribbon pasta
- Diced Trinity (onion, celery, bell pepper) 1/2 of each
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 capful of liquid crab boil
- 1 can rotel (drained)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- chopped green onions
- cajun spices, paprika, onion & garlic powder, and Accent
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Slice sausage and saute on low in skillet for 4 mins
- Toss shrimp in olive oil and season with cajun spices
- Sear shrimp with sausage, 1 min. per side
- Remove shrimp and sausage
- Add diced veggies and saute until tender 6-7 mins
- Add drained rotel
- Pour in chicken broth and reduce
- Add half and half
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add cheese
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Pour over pasta
- Garnish with green onions
- Use whatever sausage and pasta you prefer. Skip crab boil and use roma tomatoes for a milder taste.