I know you watch the tv show “Martin”, right? “Not my momma biscuits!!” That’s all I could think of while filming my mom making these things! Cookies, I convinced my mom to share her easy and perfect biscuits with you! That’s a real feat! See how much I love you guys!
No milk, eggs, or butter needed. Well, only at the end. Who can eat biscuits without butter?? I wouldn’t dare!
Enjoy these with some jam, syrup, or my Sausage gravy!
My Momma's Biscuits
Write a review
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lemon lime soda (7 up or Sprite)
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 T butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a bowl, mix the flour and sugar
- Create a "well" in the center of the bowl and pour in the 1/3 cup of oil and soda
- Gradually fold the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Knead only until all is combined
- Pinch a small handful of dough and roll it into a ball
- Add 1 T of oil to your pan or cast iron skillet and spread
- Add the biscuits into the pan, gently pressing them flat
- Bake on the lower oven rack for 10-15 mins or until the bottom of the biscuits are brown.
- Rub butter on the top of each biscuit and move them up to the top oven rack
- Continue to bake until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown
- If dough is crumbly, add more soda as needed.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/