Still loving my pressure cooker! I wanted to try chicken in the bad boy this time. I love Pulled Chicken Sandwiches! Decided to try them out in the Cosori.
Use your favorite BBQ sauce. I always add a little extra brown sugar and garlic to the store bought sauces.
Oh and Coke! Yes, Coca-Cola. Trust me. We need a certain amount of liquid in order to use the pressure cooker. The Coke also gives the sauce and extra kick. I add a bit of Liquid Smoke as well.
Serve it however you’d like. I chose to pile it onto some sweet slider buns. Then, I topped it with some coleslaw. Delicious!
Pressure Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
Write a review
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup honey bbq sauce
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 slider buns
- Season chicken with seasoned salt, onion and garlic powders
- Place chicken into the pressure cooker
- Add the liquid smoke, onions, and bell peppers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the bbq sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and Coca-Cola.
- Pour the mixture on top of the chicken
- Now pour in the chicken broth
- Lock the lid and ensure that pressure sealing valve is locked or sealed
- Cook at high pressure for 25 mins.
- Quick release the pressure
- Remove chicken and shred it using two forks
- Return it to the pressure cooker and select the saute/brown setting
- Allow the chicken and sauce to simmer for 5 mins or until the sauce thickens
- Serve on warm buns
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/