Someone said it’s #TacoTuesday! Can I share a secret? I have an obsession…..PINEAPPLES!!! I love those things! I didn’t even need the mangos. I just made a pineapple salsa to top my honey garlic shrimp. Super fresh flavors! Recipe is a breeze too. Check em out, Cookies!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 3 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of coconut or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh pineapples
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes
- lime juice
- Small flour tortillas
- Crush garlic clove and mix it with the raw honey, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Pour over the shrimp and let them marinate in room temperature for 30 mins.
- Sear shrimp in a skillet coated with coconut or olive oil until they blush. Please be careful not to overcook.
- Dice the pineapples, red onions, and Roma tomatoes. Add a squeeze of lime, and some chopped, fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste
- Make sure you warm your tortillas on one side in a greased pan. Assemble and add any additional taco toppings you'd like! I spread a layer of guacamole on the tortilla before filling it. Then sprinkle a little shredded pepper jack cheese on top!
- **To make this healthier, use whole wheat tortillas.