Who doesn’t love Oreos? They were on sale at the grocery store last week and I had to buy some. I immediately thought of you guys and decided to do a recipe with them. That’s the only reason that would keep me from eating them myself. I didn’t want to do the usual chocolate Oreo cheesecake recipe. I wanted to do something with the red velvet ones, but they were gone. So, Golden Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes it is!
Long recipe title right? Sheesh! But, these little things are good! I don’t like my cheesecake super silky. So, adding a little bit of flour gives it more of a NY cheesecake texture. If you can, please don’t skip serving these with fresh whipped cream.
- 1 family sized package Golden Oreo cookies (12 whole, 5-6 finely chopped)
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 T sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and place one, whole Oreo at the bottom of each liner
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and sugar together
- Add in one egg at a time mixing in between the addition of each egg
- Now, add in the flour, sour cream, and salt. Mix well
- Fold in the finely chopped Oreos by hand. Do not use the mixer. (Reserve some roughly chopped Oreo pieces to garnish later.)
- Divide the batter into the cupcake pan evenly
- Bake for 20-22 mins or until the filling sets.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and garnish with the remaining Oreo pieces