Whew, Chile! I keep getting requests for a fried turkey recipe. You guys trust me more than I trust me! Baby, I’m not ready to fry a whole bird! I need adult supervision with grease! BUT, I will give you the BEST Cajun Fried Turkey Wings Recipe!
I searched every grocery store in my area for whole turkey wings. They were all sold out! I had to settle for the already cut wings. And, I can’t complain. I just rinsed them really well and pat them dry.
Just as I would with a whole turkey, I’m shooting this sucker up with the GOOD stuff! So much flavor in this litte jar!
I like to marinate my wings overnight. But, if you’re short on time, give them at least 4 hours to soak in the flavor.
Using a deep fryer or pan, fry the wings for 7 minutes on one side. Then, flip them over and fry for an additional 7 minutes or until the wings are COMPLETELY cooked.
My Cajun Fried Turkey Wings are the perfect substitution for a whole fried turkey. You may even enjoy these over fried chicken. Yes, they are THAT good!
- 4-6 turkey wings
- 4-6 ounces Cajun Injector Creole Butter marinade
- 1-2 T hot sauce
- 2 1/2 T Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Inject 1 ounce of marinade into the meat of each turkey wing
- Place wings into a freezer bag and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Mix all spices together
- Sprinkle and rub the spice blend evenly over the wings
- In a deep fryer or pan, heat enough oil to cover the wings to 350 F
- Deep fry the wings until brown and cooked through; about 14 mins
- Drain on paper towels