It’s football seasonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!! I’m not excited. Can’t you tell? My Saints lost last night. I broke a glass. I felt better. The end. It’s okay. This is only the beginning. Prayer changes things. Lettuce pray!
Teams play horribly from time to time. That’s life. So, you’re gonna need a table of great food to ease your nerves. Start with the wings! I love a boneless wing! Even though it’s not actually a boneless wing at all. Just a plus sized nugget. They’re magical. And easy to make. Watch me put all of your favorite wing spots to shame…
Instead of just dropping these guys in the buffalo/hot sauce as is, doctor it up a bit. It adds a little something, something, thickens the sauce, and kicks the flavor up a notch, or 20. If you would like to see more game day food recipes, let me know in the comments!
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups cool water
- 2 lbs chicken breast (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 T seasoned salt
- 1/3 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 T unsalted butter
- 2 cups Buffalo or Hot Sauce
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Mix water, salt, and sugar together in a bowl until it dissolves.
- Add in chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- In a bowl, combine all spices, flour, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- In a separate, shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Dredge chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then wet mixture, and back into the flour mixture.
- Repeat the process twice to double coat the chicken.
- Place chicken on a parchment or wax paper lined surface.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 mins.
- Heat oil in pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry chicken for 4-5 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Whisk on medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Pour into a bowl and toss chicken into sauce to coat.
- Serve with your desired dipping sauce, celery, and/or french fries.