My darling Cookies know that baking is NOT my thing! I made this white cake just because I had strawberries and milk in the fridge and I was bored. Magic happens that way. I prayed, whipped out the mixer, and this is what happened!
I shared this cake on Facebook and, unexpectedly, it went viral. I was SHOOK! I didn’t even break out my dslr. That’s why photo quality sucks. Don’t worry. I’ll be filming this soon.
This cake is made with love. Lots of it! Feel free to top it as you like. Use any frosting you prefer. Make it your own! But, don’t switch up my cake recipe, okay? I want you to enjoy the moist texture and all of the love I put into it!
Oh! Here’s the frosting recipe too! I didn’t forget.
Easy White Cake
Write a review
For the Cake
- 2 1/3 cups of cake flour or sifted all purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese (don't you put that Great Value cream cheese in my recipe, bae!! We need the good stuff for this part)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners (Bougie word for powdered) sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar together for about 2 mins. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Then alternate adding half of the milk with half of the flour, baking powder, salt mix. Blend in between. I hope that makes sense.
- Next, add in the extracts.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they become frothy. Add the whites in with the batter and beat for another minute to combine. Do not over mix. If your cake comes out stiff it's your fault cause Coop warned you. 😘
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes come out clean.
- Cool on wire racks. Or just flip them on a plate or something to cool, Chile. I don't have no dang on cooling racks it just sounds professional 🤷🏽♀️
- Anyway, allow them to cool before icing them.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and put it on your cake.
- Make sure all ingredients are used at room temp. Set them out 30 mins to an hour before making your cake. Butter and cream cheese may take longer to soften.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/