Okay, do yourself a huge favor. MAKE THESE WINGS! They are sweet, savory, spicy…Honey, they’re just EVERYTHING! This is my take on Bourbon Chicken sauce. It’s called “Bourbon Chicken”, because it was created on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. You can add Bourbon if you like. I don’t. Doesn’t even need it! Watch me whip this sauce!
I hope you try this! Let me know when you do!
Bourbon Chicken Wings
Write a review
- 4 lbs of chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley Flakes
- Paprika (1 tablespoon of each seasoning)
- 4 tablespoons of baking powder
- Finely chopped green onions (garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 6 fl oz of pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon of rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1.3 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- Cornstarch (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Make sure chicken is dried well
- Toss in the seasoning and baking soda.
- Bake on a wired baking rack for 40 mins; turn them over after 20 mins.
- Combine all ingredigents
- Bring to a boil
- Simmer for 5 mins
- Remove from heat and allow to thicken (use cornstarch and water for a thicker consistency)
- Pour half the sauce onto the chicken
- Coat well
- Place back into the oven for 5 mins.
- Garnish with green onions
- Reduce the amount of red pepper flakes for a milder taste.
Coop Can Cook https://coopcancook.com/